Adding jobs, making capital investments, or increasing square footage? Let us help you navigate the course.
Fairwinds Advisors, LLC is a nationwide, independent site selection and economic development consulting firm. Specializing in helping companies minimize risk and maximize return from their relocation and expansion projects, FairWinds fosters long-term relationships built on respect and trust to deliver value and navigate exciting growth for businesses both small and large.
Like sailing a ship, running your company requires a good captain, an educated crew and the ability to adapt to circumstances out of your control to set a course for success.
We’ve helped hundreds of clients with relocation and incentive negotiation, securing millions of dollars in local and state support through refundable tax credits, training grants, site-specific incentives and more.
What do we do?
Take a look and let us know how we can help chart your course.
- Determine site requirements
- Find site matches in desired location
- Refine site options
- Tour and assess sites
- Provide strategic advice
- Examine and evaluate incentive packages
- Negotiate incentive options and programs
- Assist with final site decision
- Inform government agencies
- Review all agreements
- Oversee benefits lasting up to 20 years
- Ongoing reminders and advice
- Review, file and submit required documents
- Notification of any new forms or policies
- Retain and archive copies of important documents
- Update new company personnel
- Audit support provided at no additional charge for our clients
- Assistance with organizing, reviewing and submitting documents
- We’ll sit through the audit with you
- Strategic positioning for any appeals or payments needed
Our Industrious Experts
Meet the team
Co-Founder & CEO
A high energy, fiscally conscious, and goal-driven executive, Jay approaches each new business challenge with his inherent propensity for creative problem-solving and measured risk-taking to drive consistent high level performance-based results and strategic improvements.
Learn More About Jay
Education and experience:
- 1980: B.S. Physics – Indiana University
- 1985: Deputy Director of Development Finance – Indiana Dept. of Commerce
- 1988: MBA – Indiana University Kelley School of Business
- 1993: Manager of Economic Development – City of Indianapolis
- 1997: Executive partner – Economic Development Group, LLC
- 2012: Co-Founder and CEO –FairWinds Advisors
- Supports: Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Drinks: Dark and stormy – refreshing with a bite
- Hometown: Frankfort, Ind. – home of the Hot Dogs!
- Favorite quote: “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.” – William Arthur Ward
Co-Founder & President
Learn More About Jenny
Education and experience:
- 1995: BLS, Liberal Arts and Sciences, General Studies and Humanities (Archaeology) – Indiana University
- 1996: Independent consultant – Nagoya, Japan
- 2003: Post-graduate degree, Public Policy, Management and Sustainable Development – Murdoch University
- 2007: Director – Bingham Economic Development Advisors
- 2012: Co-Founder and President – FairWinds Advisors
- 2016: Advisory Committee member – US Global Leadership Coalition
- 2019: HEC Paris – Odyssey 3:14 Business Modeling Certificate
- Supports: Mentor – gBeta Accelerator Programs / Gener8tor
- Drinks: Sazerac – complex with a dose of New Orleans
- Hometown: Peru, Ind. – the Circus Capital of the World!
- Favorite quote: “Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.” – Clint Eastwood
Making the company expansion plan and thinking about incentives was a daunting task. We didn’t know where to begin or what questions to ask, and as business owners, our time is always tight. FairWinds did everything – with almost no time or effort from us!Fadi J. Abdallah, CEO
Working with Jenny was a pleasure. She made what I thought would be a daunting process easy and quick! Exactly the partner a busy entrepreneur is looking for in the fast-paced world in which we do business.Jeryl Mitsch, Principal
The best part was that I could completely trust their team to represent our company. Even better is that they are well-connected with many other companies and we’ve seen some very nice referrals.Daniel Abdallah, CTO
Lessonly is stronger because of our partnership with FairWinds. Their service is excellent.Max Yoder, CEO
With part of our team in California and part in Indiana, FairWinds was able to simplify and streamline the project process – even with a tight time-frame. Their team was knowledgeable, experienced and had obviously prepared for our discussions in advance. The incentives negotiated will help FatStax to be more competitive in a seriously competitive tech industry. We would definitely […]Rusty Bishop, CEO
MUNCIE – A specialty wax blending and packaging company is planning to expand its operations in Delaware County. The Muncie-Delaware County Economic Development Alliance says Calumet Paralogics LLC will invest $2.7 million to add new equipment at its current location in Muncie and create 20 jobs by the end of 2025. Calumet Paralogics is a subsidiary of Calumet Specialty Products […]
INDIANAPOLIS – Indianapolis-based online training software company Lessonly has been acquired. California-based Seismic, which has developed a sales enablement platform, has announced the acquisition Lessonly and a $170M Series G funding round. Seismic says the deal creates a company valued at approximately $3 billion. Financial terms of the acquisition were not disclosed. Seismic’s platform is designed to improve the performance […]
CARMEL – A Carmel-based company that launched a year and a half ago is under new ownership. Shiftlab, which has developed a scalable scheduling platform for retail companies, has been acquired by Vancouver-based iQmetrix, a telecom retail management software provider. The two companies are no stranger to each other; they have been partners since Shiftlab’s launch and call the acquisition […]